Wednesday 14 December 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic

It has been a long time since I wrote a film review. In fact, the last review was Red Riding Hood back in August. Fast forward four months and here we are.
As you all know, I went Xmas shopping to Westfields and I took the liberty of buying myself Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was part of a deal for one of my prezzies, so it's okay!
It's a film that I've been wanting to see for a long time, just because it reminds me of myself as I love to shop, like all girls do. I can safely say that in around eight years time, I will have the her life, including (hopefully) the journalist job.

Confessions of a Shopaholic is funny, witty and full of all the labels that you want to see in a store. It tells the tale of a young woman who knows what she wants, has a dream, needs to shop and is running away from debt collectors through giving the debt collector many humorous excuses.
The characters are definitely real. The best friend is how a best friend should be in the real world. She would go through your debts with you accompanied by a bottle of tequila. The 'Bitch' in Confessions of a Shopaholic is one of those girls who you envy and hate all at the same time, and they know it. They're your arch nemesis in school or work, but you win in the end. Always happens. The guy: he's model beautiful, and still down to earth, and nice, and knows his designers. Warning: You will never meet this man! Unless he is gay.

Of course, it is the kind of film where you know what's going to happen in the end. She meets a guy, who ends up as her boss, lies to him, lets her friend down and still gets everything in the end. This is a proper chick flick. Combine it with friends, wine and Thortons chocolates and you have the perfect girls night in.


This is the type of room I want (and kind of have now): full of pretty clothes, pretty shoes, pretty accessories, pretty everything.

faye xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment