Saturday 9 April 2011

Mermaids

There's something about mermaids this month and next. 

Last Thursday, when I was still in Roehampton, my friend and I decided to watch The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea online. After about 38 minutes of the film, it froze and we couldn't get it to work and by that point I had to go and let my boyfriend onto campus. So, we'd watched half of it and the idea of a mermaid film stuck in my head. I finally watched the rest of the film online at home instead of doing work early last week and it's safe to say that that night, I had the mermaid idea floating around my head. 


So, the idea.... a 21st century film version of The Little Mermaid, but with a twist. I want it to be a dark thriller with the plot being full of revenge. Whether that is a good idea or not, I will never know unless I threw it at some big producers in Hollywood which is as likely as me shaving my head (I'm obsessed(!) with my long hair). 
I'll still continue on with creating and moulding it into an idea, a precis and maybe even a script and will keep you posted! 
The link to anything about any of my ideas for film or stories will be under the link Project

Another reason for the post about mermaids is the new Pirates of the Caribbean film... On Stranger Tides. 
I cannot wait to see it! Not only does it have the ever so gorgeous and hilariously hysterical Johnny Depp in it for the fourth time, it has La Encantadora aka Penélope Cruz whom I absolutely adore! 
On this voyage across the Seven Seas, the thing that Mr Depp, or should I say Jack Sparrow, I mean, Captain Jack Sparrow, needs is a mermaid who are devious creatures that lure young men into the sea to face only their deaths. 
It will be as exciting as ever although Disney are (sadly) leaving behind Elizabeth Swan and the gorgeous(!) Will Turner. 




After this film, mermaids are destined to become big both on page and on screen.

faye xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment