Sunday 20 May 2012

Last Week at Roe


This post is a little bit different to my normal posts about inspiration or fashion, style, film, whatever. This post is a little bit about my life. Yes, I've done 'updates' in the past but here it is.

1. The 4th of May was my last hand in date of 2nd year and although it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders at the end of it, in hindsight it's a little sad. My next university lecture will be in Spanish, in Spain, Murcia to be exact, and don't get me wrong, I'm SO excited to go to Spain, experience a new culture for almost a year, and have an entire different life to the one I'm used to in England. One of the reasons I moved to London from the North was for this September. I went to Roehampton not knowing anybody and I've made (cheesy as it sounds) friends for life. I know I'll be alright once I get over the initial scared s**tless phase. I'll be back come the September after next, but the majority of my friends will have graduated by that point, so that's the saddest part about going to Spain. I'm not going to be able to spend my (or their) final year with them.

2. All the soppiness over. I filled out my Murcia application form today, and (despite the depressing above paragraph) I am so excited to go! I can't wait for the warmer weather, speaking Spanish (hopefully fluently), eating tapas, making new friends, travelling (I'll be going to Malaga/Benidorm some weekends), and so much more! I really want to buy new clothes, which I know I shouldn't because I've spent humongous amounts already! I'm loving the new style of tees which have gaping holes for sleeves! Them with LA prints are amazing a la New Look & River Island.

3. Currently, I'm at home (up North). Returning to London tomorrow. I've got work the next day, Thurs, and the massive, long awaited Summer Ball that I'm working. It's going to be mental, but worth it! I need to finish writing up more articles for a new online culture mag I'm writing for The405. My first article is here. I also need to go to Central this week, mainly Covent Garden, Camden, Oxford Street, maybe the V&A for another article I'm working on for a new american online mag that will be revealed once the first issue has been published in August. Plus, it's my housemates birthday on Wednesday so we are all going out in heels (of course) and dresses for her 21st! All this plus packing up my room, and lunch with a friend. It's a very busy week for me!

I hope I haven't bored you with the details of my life!

Much love!

faye xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment