Tuesday 29 May 2012

Charity Shop Finds

Mum and Dad are down in London for the my move back up North. Today we spent two hours packing up my tiny box room which had a lot of stuff in it & then went to Putney to have some food and a wander.
My dad loves charity shops, Oxfam, Cancer Research... you name it, he's been in there. I love them too, for books. As you all know, I'm a HUGE readaholic and I can't wait to be sitting down on a beach/in the garden/anywhere with my nose in a book. I bought three books, and Mum bought me a cute little bracelet too!


I saw The Almost Moon first, having read The Lovely Bones and loved it. Then I read the first sentence of the novel: "When all is said and done, killung my mother came easily." There's not a lot of books that get straight to the point about the dramatic plotline like that! The Pirate's Daughter is a book that I've always seen in Waterstones, and the title has always intrigued me (being a lover of Pirate's and the Caribbean). Then, I spotted A Thousand Splendid Suns which my friend has always recommended I read. It's her favourite book, so I'll be reading that too!... In the sun, on a beach, near the sea. Perfection.
I spotted that bracelet as I was paying for the books, and it's such a lovely little bracelet that I had to have it, and Mum offered to pay! Bonus!

Go into charity shops. You never know what you might find and you're helping out the world!

faye xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment