Sunday 19 June 2011

Extended Family...

... are our closest friends in life.
It is true that you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends and so far I have been a really good chooser! I have to say it and I pat myself on the back for it.

though miles may lay between us
 we are never apart,
for friendship doesn't count miles
 it's measured by the heart.

This is a quote that sums up the recent happenings of my life and I wanted to express how important your friends are in life. Even if you have a boyfriend, girlfriend, partner, whatever, never forget your friends and make sure they know that. It is important to keep in touch because you never know what is around the corner where you may need your friends.
As you may or may not know, during the academic year, I live in London which a lot of miles away from my home friends, my best friend of eight years and it is easy to lose touch and I do not want to do that because we have stuck together through thick and thin.

Keep your friends close to your heart
Even when you are miles apart.
There is no point in losing someone you love
As they can be as precious as a peaceful hopeless dove.

It is true that friendships die
And others are let in although you cry
For the one you have lost
At a small cost
Of losing touch
And letting them slip from your clutch.

















Love them like there is no tomorrow!
You never know what's around the corner.

faye xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment